Dry-Point printing

I decided to revisit dry point printing which I thoroughly enjoyed in my previous project. I wanted to continue with the overlapping of illustrations so I decided to etch a portrait into my acetate and print on top of one of my digital designs, after experimenting on plain paper first.

thumb_IMG_0693_1024thumb_IMG_0691_1024thumb_IMG_0690_1024

A problem I encountered when performing this process was that the paper I had printed my digital designs on was so thin that when I applied water, to break up the fibres allowing the ink to stick more, the paper ripped, so it took a few attempts to get it right.

I think the more successful designs were the ones that held simplicity, some of the more busier digital designs looked too full to then have another illustration on top (the print).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s